Powering education through play: Sports for Schools and Teach Active unite for an inspiring athlete day, raising funds to leave an active legacy and boost academic success!
- What will you get?A top GB athlete will visit your school and work with each class to complete a fun fitness challenge. The athlete will then deliver an inspiring assembly to the whole school with a talk, demo and Q&A.
- How much will it cost?There is no financial cost to your school. The children will be asked to collect sponsorship money for their efforts completing the fitness circuit. From the grand total of the money raised, a small participation fee is deducted to cover the base cost of running the scheme. The rest of the money is split 60/40. 60% goes to your school to spend on a subscription to the multi award winning Teach Active, complete with free whole school staff training. 40% goes to Sports for Schools to help fund the athletes and the scheme.
- What is Teach Active?Teach Active is an online resource which provides schools and teachers with 3500 plans and resources designed to deliver the primary Maths and English curriculum through physical activity. The multi award winning and nationally acclaimed resource is used in schools across the UK and Internationally and is having a huge impact in raising attitudes and attainment in Maths/English, whilst also increasing levels of physical activity.
- Who are Sports for Schools?Sports for Schools is a social enterprise that brings the country’s top athletes to primary schools to run energetic events that inspire kids to be more active and pursue their goals. We have been visiting schools for over 16 years and have inspired over 2.5 million children to date.
- How can I book a visit for my school?Simply fill in a few details below and we will be in touch ASAP!
- Why Should I use Teach ActiveWritten by teachers for teachers, Teach Active contributes to the government’s recommended 60 minutes of physical activity per day and has been proven to improve attitudes and attainment in Maths and English, whilst also improving children’s health and wellbeing. Teach Active works in partnership with Youth Sport Trust and Loughborough University and has been recognised by Parliament for its outstanding contribution to education.
- How much does Teach Active cost?Teach Active is purchased on a subscription basis. A single subject (Maths or English) costs £575 whereas a joint Maths and English license costs £975. We understand your Sports for Schools voucher will not be one of these exact figures - so for all schools using a voucher, Teach Active will adjust your subscription to the voucher value i.e. a voucher value of £1200 would buy a 15 month full Teach Active subscription.
- What’s included?3,500 lesson plans and Resources that are mapped to the Primary Curriculum, 280 Active Homework plans, full Maths and English coverage for every objective, all subscribers receive FREE whole school staff training/CPD to launch Teach Active in their school.
“I love the fact children are proactively channelling their natural competitiveness into Maths challenges. They are often learning so many Maths concepts without realising they’re doing Maths. It’s fabulous to see so many smiling faces and increase in achievement in the subject.”
Steve Tindall, Headteacher – Holy Family Catholic Primary School